Saturday, May 7, 2016

Why the Democratic Nominee Needs Obama


I was looking at pictures of Hillary Clinton the other day on Facebook, and I found that although I am not a huge supporter of hers per se, I find her much more appealing when she is standing next to the president. 

Nope, not Bill. 

Barack.

I am a moderate person, typically independent. I like to choose which person I vote for after the conventions and after they pick their running mates so that I can make a truly informed decision. I tend to lean left on most things, I readily admit, because most of the issues on which I lean left are social issues that are my personal business - birth control, abortion, gun rights, gun safety, religious freedom, separation of church and state, civil rights, LGBT rights, etc. 

But I found that I prefer Hillary standing next to Obama to pictures of her standing next to Bill. For some reason, she seems more likable standing next to Obama because he is very likable. He still has decent approval ratings. Compared to the last president in his last year of office, Obama's approval ratings are far better, even higher within his base. 

If we learned anything from the mid-term election, it was that the Democrats ran from Obama - nobody wanted him out stumping for them, nobody wanted to be pictured with him, etc. 

As a result, the Democrats LOST.

This election they should not run FROM Obama, but instead should run TO him. Get his support, and rally your base if you intend to win. 

And with Trump or Cruz as the Republican nominee, this election really is yours to lose, Democrats. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

New post from the NAACP: NAACP Welcomes Entertainment Executive Kyle Bowser as Senior Vice President of Hollywood Bureau by Marc Banks

WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 4, 2021) – The NAACP is pleased to announce that Kyle Bowser will serve as its Senior Vice President of the Holly...