Saturday, January 21, 2017

Setting my daily routine

For some people having given a daily routine gives them some sense of being able to keep things under control. It also gives them an idea of how to plan and manage their time. They are better able to keep up good habits if they have some sort of routine.

For others, a routine feels confining and boring. They like to live spontaneously. They don't like to plan every aspect of their lives.

Which type of person are you? Which type of person am I? I asked myself those questions. I used to have a routine set up and I thought that I was stuck in a rut. So now I have little routine in my life and I feel like I am not getting anything done.

I find that making good habits and breaking bad habits is harder without being set into a routine. It is easier to live with a set up schedule for doing things. It makes accomplishing tasks easier. It makes planning my time easier.

And yet I find myself hating to be stuck in a routine schedule every day or every week.

I have to figure out a way to get my mind around the good reasons to have a plan and execute that plan everyday. I have to figure out a way to get back into the habit of doing things at certain times whether I want to or not.

For far too long, I have let my emotions and feelings dictate what I have done. It only set me into a path of depression that wasn't healthy for me. Because if I didn't feel like doing anything then I simply wouldn't do it. Until it got to the point where there was no other option but to do it. And I felt like if I didn't do it then things would simply get out of hand and then I would work myself into a bad feeling about ever doing anything at all.

Somewhere along the way I lost sight of why I did the things that I did. I lost the reason to get things done like I want to. I want to be the type of person who enjoys cleaning. I want to be the type of person who likes to get her house in order. I don't want to be the kind of person who comes across as lazy or unacceptable or unsuccessful.

And so I set about in my life to try to create new daily routines. I try to do some things at the same time every day to give myself a sense of getting things done. I have tried to make lists of things that I need to do. I have decided to take on the notion of getting things done that take under five minutes to do. That clears me up for other more important things.

I have set myself on a schedule to read at the same time every day, to check my email at the same time daily, to write at the same times, to get on social media at the same time everyday.

It has not been easy for me to stick to these routines because sometimes they become difficult for me. I have tried and I have not succeeded but I try again the next day. I don't give up. I know that eventually I will get to exactly where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New post from the NAACP: NAACP Welcomes Entertainment Executive Kyle Bowser as Senior Vice President of Hollywood Bureau by Marc Banks

WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 4, 2021) – The NAACP is pleased to announce that Kyle Bowser will serve as its Senior Vice President of the Holly...