Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Negativity is contagious

Somehow I have found that people seem to enjoy my company. They find me positive and uplifting. My aunt recently told me that she loves being around me and that when I leave her she still feels good and motivated. 

In our family, we have alot of Negative Nellys. The people who complain about everything and who make you feel worse when they're gone. They sit around telling you what you need to be doing and what you're not doing that's good enough. They complain about everything in their life and everything in your life too.

Judgmental and hypocritical, it can be difficult to stay positive when surrounded by the negativity. The reason being that negativity is contagious. We are programmed to think negatively anyway. 

The best way that I found to decrease the negative thoughts in my mind has been through meditation and hypnosis recordings. I know that it sounds silly but when I had nothing else, I turned to God and to self help books.

Learning to be mindful right now and enjoy your life right now at this moment in time is very important to live a balanced life. No matter what is going on in your life right now, there is something that you can be grateful for. There is something that you can be glad of. And if there is nothing else then you can be glad that you woke up.

Life is what we make it. It is not a guarantee that you will be successful at every thing that you try to do. But it is a guarantee that you will not be if you don't even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New post from the NAACP: NAACP Welcomes Entertainment Executive Kyle Bowser as Senior Vice President of Hollywood Bureau by Marc Banks

WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 4, 2021) – The NAACP is pleased to announce that Kyle Bowser will serve as its Senior Vice President of the Holly...